Monday, October 15, 2012

Yeti Mic Test: Reading Sherlock Holmes

I got a new microphone: the USB Yeti. It's brilliant!

This is a small recording of myself trying it out, reading the opening lines to a Sherlock Adventure, "The Musgave Ritual". I'm thrilled to death with this mic, but... the letter P seems to be giving me some trouble, as you can hear. (Not the microphone's fault though.) I'll keep fiddling and see what I can do about it.

I have been kicking around the idea of doing literary readings for years. I always enjoyed listening to books on tape and think that if I actually applied myself, I could do it. If you enjoyed this, let me know. I think, now that recording just became 100% simpler, that I could seriously consider actually tackling a reading project.


Oh and by the way, its an enormous mic.


No comments:

Post a Comment